Friday, November 12, 2010
Skype Call: Sunday at 11pm- 6423 North Glenwood
LINK Screening= SUCCESS!
Benefit Show: Hip Hop for Congo
• The Silver Room off the Blue Line of Damen
• 1442 North Milwaukee
• Call Caitlin if you want to go with the group: 815-355-5689
INVISIBLE CONFLICTS Benefit Show: 7pm- THIS Sunday night
• Reply if you’d like to help but didn’t sign up!
• BRING YOUR FRIENDS
• We are selling sweet posters too!
Dwon Madiki Partnership: check it out on YouTube to see the 20 kids we’re jumping into Lake Michigan for
Check this video out about Human Rights Watch recommendation about their recommendation for Obama: http://www.hrw.org/en/node/94226
Plunge Poster is ALMOST done—we’ll send it out ASAP
NEXT WEEK: Meeting at 7pm with Free the Slaves Comedy Benefit at 8pm at Heartland Alliance
Monday Night Meeting: 9pm- Dumbach 122
• We’re watching a movie by the journalist who is coming: Mariana van Zeller
Friday, November 5, 2010
Chicago Kinshasa Fundraiser: The Silver Room- Friends of the Congo
• 8-11pm November 12
• Pending next week
Jane Thatcher CD Release November 20- 9pm
Mariana van Zeller is coming- look her up on hulu.com --> Vanguard to learn about her!
TUESDAY: LINK Screening- Liberation North Korea
• 7pm- 123 Dumbach
• Email your professors and ask to either talk about it or offer extra credit
Benefit Concert: November 14 Sunday
• Heartland Café
• Proceeds going to Dwon Madiki Partnership
• Flyerign: tomorrow at 3pm meet in front of IC
• If you want to volunteer but can’t come to the meeting next week email me back!
• Posters: next week we’ll organize them to sell!
Monday: Arts and Media meeting at Laura’s appointment
• 6303 North Lakewood
Monday night meeting: Aramark worker coming to talk about
• 9pm Dumbach 122
Sunday Conference calls to Dwon Madiki kids
• 6423 Glenwood- Devon and Glenwood intersection
• Contact Trish if you want to meet with her to go there
The IC Plunge: December 4
• Permit to jump in water: 1:15-1:20
• GET YOUR PACKET ON ORGSYNC
• Task Groups:
1. Food donations: Claire and Sara
2. Prize donations
3. Beach: Tom
4. Department Outreach: Gaby, Mara and Tyler
5. Club Outreach: Mara and Gaby
6. Greek life Outreach: Laura and Jackie
7. Off campus outreach: Angela, Trish, Jackie
8. Day of photography and film: Teresa, Claire: VIDEO CAMERA
9. Advertising: Madison G, Francis,
10. Press Release: Jackie, Laura, Claire, Angela
E-board: Sunday night- 7pm in Rambler- ANYONE CAN COME TO CONTRIBUTE ABOUT THE PLUNGE!