Here are the minutes from last nights meeting:
Announcements/Updates on the Plunge
Announcements/Updates on the Plunge
- We’ll have a blurb about IC and the plunge on Chicago’s public radio station on December
- Press kits are all sent out!
- EMT stuff is good to go. We need snow shovels/spade shovels for the day of. Bring these to the Plunge if you have them!
- UNICEF group – interested in being involved with the Plunge. If some IC members go to their movie screening on the Tuesday after break at 7pm in Simpson Multipurpose room, we can announce the Plunge.
- Making a Ugandan hut at the Plunge in Crown Center – the planning people are making progress. We have detailed inventories of some of the huts of families we work with in Uganda which can be used to make the huts realistic.
- Getting IC Plunge put on plasma screens in campus- the guy in charge of it emailed back.
- Food – going back to places that haven’t said yes.
- Oatmeal – we’ll make lots of it for the day of.
- We have cups, utensils, etc.
- If anyone wants to bake, go ahead. Let Caitlin know if you can bring something.
Black world studies, environmental studies, peace studies – emails sent out to these departments.
- Contacted all organizations on campus. Many have said they will announce it in their groups and will send out packets. Also was announced at sex trafficking event on Tuesday which had a lot of people in attendance.
- Tunnel of Oppression was cancelled because there was little interest in it by other groups. We were the only group who really showed interest in it, though, so we are on their good side. Will probably be able to get RHA funding. We were also given an opportunity to put an Invisible Conflicts display in Fordham hall.
- We have bake sale tables from 10-3 in CFSU on Tuesday and Friday the week of the Plunge. Email Michelle is you can bake/work for the table!
- Permit from the city for permission to do the Plunge– working on it! Waiting for it to be ok’d, but we’re on the right track (it was sent it way ahead of time).
- Paypal is up and running (encourage people to donate on the website!). Letters for tax deduction are almost ready.
- SFR form for prizes, printing, etc. will be submitted soon.
- Madison G. made a sweet video promoting the Plunge.
- Fair trade gift fair – Dec. 2 and 3. Will sell Dave’s photos, the packs of cards, maybe necklaces, banana leaf pictures, and t-shirts. Need two or three people to sit down and figure out what will be sold, what the prices will be, etc.
- Possibility - IC Plunge tshirts (that we would pay for ourselves) to wear the day of? Although, we already have tshirts to sell. We’ll decide on it later.
- Make sure your checks are made out to ELIMU! This point is super important because one page of the press packet said checks should be written out to IC. But CHECKS SHOULD BE MADE OUT TO ELIMU.
- Conference call on Saturday to Uganda – talked to Patrick. He was excited, as always. Will get the kids and the board members to write letters of encouragement to us for the Plunge!
- Updates on DMP – the board is still meeting regularly. One boy in our program was expelled for being caught with a lighter in his room. Our board is working on this problem because the school didn’t do a good job of dealing with the situation. Our board is so helpful – get to the bottom of it. Find out what happened, if he was not happy at that school, etc, instead of just expelling him from the program.
- Interviews for project manager happening soon.
- Another call this weekend - 10am Saturday Megan’s apartment. Everyone is welcome.